cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail is not working with AMP 1.14.x (Big Sur)

Oleksandr Fisun
Level 1
Level 1

Dear community,

We've manually installed Cisco AMP 1.14.1.807 on OS X Big Sur and approved required System Extensions according to advisory: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/216089-advisory-for-amp-for-endpoints-mac-conne.html

Here is the output of 

%systemextensionsctl list
4 extension(s)
--- com.apple.system_extension.network_extension
enabled	active	teamID	bundleID (version)	name	[state]
*	*	DE8Y96K9QP	com.cisco.endpoint.svc.networkextension (1.14.1/807)	AMP Network Extension	[activated enabled]
--- com.apple.system_extension.endpoint_security
enabled	active	teamID	bundleID (version)	name	[state]
*	*	DE8Y96K9QP	com.cisco.endpoint.svc.securityextension (1.14.1/807)	AMP Security Extension	[activated enabled]

Network Filter is also enabled and Active:

Screenshot at Jan 13 14-50-27.png

And once Cisco AMP installed and everything is approved the native Mail client could not connect to the server.

Screenshot at Jan 13 15-02-37.png

We've also tried Jamf MDM to deploy the AMP connector but result the same - native Mail client stopped working properly.

1 Reply 1

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

I tried recreating the issue on Big Sur with amp4e connector 1.14.1.807 without any success. I would advise opening a TAC case to find the root cause, without providing a troubleshoot-file it's hard to pinpoint what the exact issue is - since the ts-file includes a lot of data of the endpoint I would advise against uploading it to the support community.

Hope that helps