Views
Helpful
Replies

Manually configure IP on FMC managed FTD 1010

Travis-Fleming
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to deploy a new FTD 1010 to a remote location. I will be on site later this week, however I don't have the static IP address information yet from the ISP. We deploy the 1010's via the FMC in our data center before we deploy.

Is there a way for me to set it up in the FMC, then in the field change the outside interface IP, default route, and NAT policy to take into account for the static IP address I will learn on site? With an ASA it's easy, all command line.

I should note we put an ISR 4331 behind the firewall and build a DMVPN tunnel out the FMC. I know I could land the internet direct on the router, then hook up the FTD behind the router to get access to the management interface from our offsite FMC, but would just be easier to skip this step and having the need to configure another interface on our 4331.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not tried it, deploy with a dummy IP address in which you do the standard deployment.

change the IP address once you are on-site and know the IP on FTD, and re-register with FMC with new IP.

Once it registers with FMC, then you can change the required configuration and publish it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help