Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FindIT 2.0.1 and Meraki MR33 AP's

drazhargraig
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon All

We are looking at FindIT as a method to have a cloud management of SG Level switches. We have a lot of SG out there, and this solution is really powerful and has a lot of potential

However, I have an issue with MR33 AP's showing up as Switches on a particular network...this network is showing a lot of connections where there arent any as well, so im wondering if the MESH capability is doing this

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FindIT does not explicitly support the Meraki portfolio, so the access points will be identified based on how they advertise themselves through LLDP/CDP.  I must admit I'm not all that familiar with the details of the individual Meraki and what you can and can't configure on them and I don't have any available in my lab, but my first step would be to make sure that both the APs and the switch they are connected to have the same discovery protocols enabled.  Then look on the switch and see exactly how the APs are advertising themselves.

As for the extra connections in the topology, that could certainly be due to mesh.  Depending on what protocols are being forwarded across the mesh, we could be seeing two switches appear to be directly connected when in fact there is a mesh network between them.  To get to the bottom of this we would need to look at the specifics of the network topology and what FindIT is displaying.  It would be a good start to open a case with the support team, so an engineer can work with you directly to collect the right information.  Have a look at https://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc to find the local phone number in your area to access support.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: