cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FindIT won't install on windows 10

portisheadradio
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to install FindIT on win 10 it aborts the installer because .Net is already part of the operating system, and can't be installed by FindIT.

Any work around for this, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes indeed.  I spoke to engineering, and you have the right solution for now.  For the longer term, we are going to try and make some changes to handle this better.

Cheers,
Dave.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of FindIT are you using?  2.0?  Also, can you provide more details of the error - either the text of the message or a screenshot?

This isn't a known issue, but I'll ask engineering to have a look at this today.  Windows 10 hadn't been released at the time 2.0 was going through QA, so possibly there is a change somewhere that we didn't catch.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi David

Yes. I'm using version 2.0

I've done some searching around. Turns out you need to enable / install .Net 3.5 first (as per the link below), then install FindIT. Now working perfectly.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-instal-net-framework-35-on-windows-10/450b3ba6-4d19-45ae-840e-78519f36d7a4

Yes indeed.  I spoke to engineering, and you have the right solution for now.  For the longer term, we are going to try and make some changes to handle this better.

Cheers,
Dave.

Sorry, I meant to update this thread earlier.  My bad.

About six weeks ago, we posted version 2.0.1 of FindIT to address this issue, and it should work fine now with Windows 10 without needing to do anything special.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: