Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO Findit Login

diogo_sampaio
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

What are my OS credentials to log in cisco FindIt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you installed Windows in the first place, did you set it to log you in automatically?  If so, you probably don't have a password set.  You should be able to set a password using Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options and temporarily turn on signing in.  At that point, you can finish the FindIT installation process, and then use the same settings page to go back to have Windows automatically log you in.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think you are talking about the FindIT utility. FindIT requests your OS login credentials.
It is the account on the computer. For example Windows 7 username and password to use Cisco FindIT. ( in case that you are using Windows 7 for example)

This is for security reasons as Cisco FindIT can provide a great deal of information about your network.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Where can I know, in Windows 10 my OS credentials?

When you installed Windows in the first place, did you set it to log you in automatically?  If so, you probably don't have a password set.  You should be able to set a password using Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options and temporarily turn on signing in.  At that point, you can finish the FindIT installation process, and then use the same settings page to go back to have Windows automatically log you in.

Cheers,

Dave.