cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FindIT and port descriptions

hmcpl-its
Level 1
Level 1

I just upgraded our 1.1.4 installation of FindIT to 2.0. First off, let me congratulate the developers on doing such a bang-up job with the upgrade; it truly was a piece of cake. The new dashboard is really nice, and having all the commonly needed items on the Manager's menu and within the Manager is wonderful. Kudos.

However...

Even more than the above, I was really hoping this upgrade would include the ability to see, edit, and search for the port description field. Sadly, I can't find that anyplace in the UI.

We're a small shop, but at our main site, we've got 350+ ports to manage. Add on another 11 sites at 50 to 100 ports each, and the lack of the description field makes managing the ports a nightmare. I shouldn't have to keep a separate database of all of our port definitions outside of the management tool. If I'm going to have to do that, I'll just revert back to using the web ui and not bother buying a license for FindIT.

I'm hoping someone can verify that this feature is indeed still missing in this release and on the agenda for a near-term upgrade -- or better yet, tell me how to find the descriptions in a way that I've obviously missed in v2.0.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Aaron

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

We haven't forgotten this request.  For a variety of reasons we weren't able to include it in the 2.0.0 release, but we are going to try and include this in 2.0.1.  2.0.1 is predominately about adding UI translations for multiple languages but I think we can include this as well.  Look out for this version in a month or so.

Cheers,
Dave.

View solution in original post

Hi Aaron,

Just wanted to let you know that the 2.0.1 release has just been posted, and it includes the ability to read and set interface descriptions from the port management page.  Please upgrade when you get a chance and try it out.  And if you have any issues at all, please either post something here or contact the support centre using the contacts at https://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Thanks,

Dave.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

We haven't forgotten this request.  For a variety of reasons we weren't able to include it in the 2.0.0 release, but we are going to try and include this in 2.0.1.  2.0.1 is predominately about adding UI translations for multiple languages but I think we can include this as well.  Look out for this version in a month or so.

Cheers,
Dave.

Wicked awesome, Dave. Thanks so much and looking forward to future updates! You folks rock!

Hi Aaron,

Just wanted to let you know that the 2.0.1 release has just been posted, and it includes the ability to read and set interface descriptions from the port management page.  Please upgrade when you get a chance and try it out.  And if you have any issues at all, please either post something here or contact the support centre using the contacts at https://www.cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Finally got around to installing the update, and it looks fantastic! I like the way you got it not just in the port description sidebar, but also the front panel view as well as the port list.

Nicely done! Kudos to your team.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: