Helpful
Replies

Findit goes 404 Not Found

ArnaudG
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to reach my local findit instance 

https://myswitch:4443/findit/index.html

Takes me to an 404 Not Found Nginx page. 

I need to access Findit on my switch to have an overview of my network (not only as a probe, I need to browse on the switch itself)

Firmware : 2.5.0.90

FindIT network probe version : 1.1.2.20181026

How can I restart / troubleshoot this FindIT instance and make it work, it used to work perfectly previously. 

I tried to reboot the probe from HTTP gui (Administration > FindIT probe) but it doesn't help.

5 Replies 5

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What is the model of the switch? You would need first to upgrade the switch firmware to the latest release 2.5.5.47 (https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286282036). With the new 2.5.5.47 software, the FindIT probe on the switch no longer has its own web user interface. All FindIT management should be done through the web user interface of the FindIT Network Manager.  In the current version, additional settings were added to allow the probe on the switch to connect to a remote FindIT Manager. (see the release notes here https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf_sg250/release_notes/2_5_5_47_RN.pdf). 

You should also upgrade your FindIT Manager to Cisco Business Dashboard by simply clicking on the information icon on the upper right corner on your FindIT Manager front page. If you have an internet connection then you'll see the available update ready to install.

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin ! thanks for your feedback. 

The probe is running on SG350XG-24F switch. 

I could indeed update but my concern is that we started this project with the embed / all included probe, that was part of the pricing of the switches.

The upgrade you are asking me to do is changing Cisco's business model. 

I would like support on the product I paid for. We chose those switches on the project also because a light controller was included.

FindIT on this installation has been working just fine for more than 6 month, is there a way for me to fix this without paying for something I already bought ?

Best regards.

Hello,

I see your concerns but you don't have to worry about the new changes coming in. You are not going to pay any additional cost for this. It is just an enhancement of FindIT and how the probe is managed through the switch. The probe with the latest switch firmware is again embedded and we are not changing the business model. Cisco Business Dashboard is the evolution of Cisco FindIT Network Manager and is much more advanced, improved and adds a dozen new features and enhancements. In addition, Cisco Business Dashboard expands the free usage of managed devices up to 25. So all you need to do is to upgrade with no additional cost and you will get much more flexible and proved network management system. Landing page for the Cisco Business Dashboard you can find at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/business-dashboard/index.html

Regards,

Martin

Thank you Martin for your time and accurate answer.

Sorry I think I am not really up to date with your last product line, please correct these assessments if wrong :

- FindIT as we know it will fade out 

- Cisco Business Dashboard will ramp up and replace FindIT over time

- I can install Cisco Business Dashboard and manage 25 devices for free (no license at all, I do not have one currently as I was using the FindIT probe UI from the switch itself) 

- If I want to upgrade to more devices, then I can purchase a license.

Hello,

Cisco Business Dashboard is derived from, upgrades, and replaces FindIT Network Manager. It provides all the functionality offered by FindIT Network Manager and more. FindIT Network Manager that you have currently installed can be directly upgraded to Cisco Business Dashboard. Consult the release notes for Cisco Business Dashboard at https://www.cisco.com/go/cbd-docs for more information.

Cisco Business Dashboard provides all the functionality offered by FindIT Network Manager and much more and you will retain all settings and configuration when upgrading from FindIT Network Manager to Cisco Business Dashboard. With FindIT Network Manager up to 10, Cisco 100 to 500 series devices may be managed in Evaluation Mode without a license. Once you upgrade to Cisco Dashboard that number automatically increases to 25( you count all Cisco Business and Cisco Small Business devices into that number). 

Even if you're using the embedded probe on the switch once you exceed 10 devices the FindIT Manager will enter into 90 days evaluation mode after which you will need to purchase a license to fully manage the network or you'll get locked major functionalities. 

Yes, if you need to manage more than 25 devices (with the Cisco Business Dashboard) then have to purchase a license. 

Regards,

Martin