Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology look

miu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community!

I'm evaluating the Cisco FindIT Network Manager for my new CBS-Switches.

In General a nice application. After I found the topology view I noticed this is a bit meh in some way (see picture). So is it somehow possible to make the "virtual layer 2 network" cloud symbol invisible?

In addition, will the unsightly automatic layout will become better in the next versions or is it necessary that I move the rest manually back and forth? FYI I'm at version 2.1.1.20200521 (cannot upgrade, because for whatever reason the upgrade always fails)

Best regards

Mike

1 Reply 1

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

You bring up a couple of different things here, and I'll try and talk about each in turn:

• The L2 clouds are treated the same as switches when it comes to filtering and display in the topology, since more often than not, they represent a switch that can't be managed for some reason.  So turning off the display of switches in the topology will hide them.  However, since you are trying to manage switches, that will not help in this case.  I'll have a talk to the team and see what we can do.  Possibly we need a separate filter option here.
  • The topology layout algorithm is still the same in the current versions of the application (now called Cisco Business Dashboard).  Right now, manually adjusting the layout is the only option available.  However, we'll take the feedback and see if this is something we can include in an upcoming release.
  • When you say the upgrade always fails, I assume you are trying to click the upgrade button in the UI and finding it does now work?  We'll have a look and see if we can reproduce that locally, but in the meantime, you may want to try doing a manual upgrade by downloading the version 2.2.2 installer for Cisco Business Dashboard from https://cisco.com/go/cbd-sw and manually applying it by copying it in to your virtual machine and executing the installer on the command line.  This will update your FindIT install to Dashboard, and then from there you should be able to upgrade to 2.3.1 directly.  Unfortunately, upgrading directly from FindIT 2.1.1 to CBD 2.3.1 is a bit too big a jump to be supported.  Anyway, if you want to do this, have a look at the linux installation guide at https://cisco.com/go/cbd-docs for more details on the install process.

Cheers,

Dave.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: