cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2019 CCNP security LAB w/ ASA-5506 and 5510

SOHO LLC
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new ASA-5506 with just a control license and 5510. I'm looking for the correct link to purchased the IPS, URL Filtering or Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) license. I'm building my CCNP security lab. Any help/advice is welcome and thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't sell those direct to consumers.

If you want to buy them through a third party authorized distributor like CDW, you can ask for the following part numbers (term license and associated subscription):

L-ASA5506-TAMC=, L-ASA5506-TAMC-1Y

Those comprise the "Cisco ASA5506 FirePOWER IPS and Apps and AMP and URL 1YR Subscription".

In order to have entitlement to download software images you would also need Smartnet support for the ASA. If you want to be entitled to download AnyConnect you would also need to purchase AnyConnect licenses.

View solution in original post

When you say AMP and Orbital, that implies AMP for Endpoints. Orbital is only available in the AMP Premium tier product. Orbital isn't currently included in any certification blueprint.

The ASA with Firepower service modules, when licensed for AMP, use AMP for Networks. That does not give you access to the AMP cloud.

Learning these various technologies can also be done via the CCNP / CCIE eLearning course SCOR. It includes some labs (but not AMP cloud lab). $500 is the cost for 1 year access to the training.

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/ccie-security/implementing-and-operating-cisco-core-technologies-scor-v1-0-elt-scor-v1-024113

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco doesn't sell those direct to consumers.

If you want to buy them through a third party authorized distributor like CDW, you can ask for the following part numbers (term license and associated subscription):

L-ASA5506-TAMC=, L-ASA5506-TAMC-1Y

Those comprise the "Cisco ASA5506 FirePOWER IPS and Apps and AMP and URL 1YR Subscription".

In order to have entitlement to download software images you would also need Smartnet support for the ASA. If you want to be entitled to download AnyConnect you would also need to purchase AnyConnect licenses.

Thanks Marvin, Sorry about 8 month reply back. Would this still be a good path/plan now in Mar 2020 to learn more and practice Cisco Security with AMP and Orbital ?

When you say AMP and Orbital, that implies AMP for Endpoints. Orbital is only available in the AMP Premium tier product. Orbital isn't currently included in any certification blueprint.

The ASA with Firepower service modules, when licensed for AMP, use AMP for Networks. That does not give you access to the AMP cloud.

Learning these various technologies can also be done via the CCNP / CCIE eLearning course SCOR. It includes some labs (but not AMP cloud lab). $500 is the cost for 1 year access to the training.

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/ccie-security/implementing-and-operating-cisco-core-technologies-scor-v1-0-elt-scor-v1-024113

HUGE THANKS! I have been having a hard time getting some advice on how to use the Cisco hardware gear for hands on training and them using online VM labs to keep moving towards CCNP Security. So your saying to start with SCOR right now?
thanks again!

Everybody's certification journey varies. What you should go for now depends on your past experience, current situation and future goals.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card