cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Control Policy - Block Response Page

Michael Beck
Level 1
Level 1

Prior to implementing blocking (FirePower ASA currently set in passive mode), I need to provide a custom block page.  Ideally this would include a company logo and some text indicating why the page was blocked. The documentation is somewhat light on the how of doing this (Firesight System User Guide Version 5-3-1) Chapter "Managing Access Control Policies".

Questions:

- How to include a logo file (if possible).

- Is there a URL on the Firesight Appliance (or elsewhere) to test the Block Response Page or Interactive Block Response Page?

---------------------------------

SourceFire Virtual Defence Center (64bit)  version 5.3.1 

ASA 5525X's running Firepower 5.3.1

17 Replies 17

Just want to add this feature in future releases.

Also want the same feature for HTTPS.

Hello Team,

It's funny as I'm working with this FP Threat Defence in multiple different scenarios (FTD & ASA+FP) the customer wiches everything easy wich is told to work-at-a-glance shiny and CISCO.

The block-page on categorized URL like facebook or guns is not showing up. In the Cisco documentation stands under limitations just everything else but a solution for now a day web traffic.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/fpmc-config-guide-v60_chapter_01011100.pdf

Best sentence ever:

"HTTP response pages do not always appear when the system blocks web traffic."

Neither the file block reasons were showing up!?!? I know it's not a WSA but seriously? 

I'm the idiot working for the Cisco Partner not only selling but building the solution on the customer side.

I can explain why some features are not supported on ASA with FP (File based QoS) but the usual are also not supported????

I'm sorry for my anger but at some point.....

You try your best @Aliki

Cheers

"HTTP response pages do not always appear when the system blocks web traffic."

That's funny.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card