Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Rule insertion

hawyangtung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What I'm trying are inserting rule into section, category, placing of the rule as top of the category.

I have tried it on api-explorer, it is not that complete and it been a guess/ blind testing from my end.

Below are the parameters I tried in api-explorer and I encountered "Error: Unprocessable Entity".

I'm still looking for a sample code for below parameters.

section=mandatory/default
category=<Name of the category>
insertAfter=<Index of rule>
insertBefore=<Index of rule>
3 Replies 3

hawyangtung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have consult with the Cisco Engineer for this issue, apparently I'm using the older version of the FMC. Following their recommendation, I have upgraded to 6.2.1 and it working now. 

Thanks & Regards

Apparently, it only work for POST operation.

I have tried to use PUT operation (change/ move existing rule to another section/category) and it not working.

It giving me error "description": "Invalid query parameter for the PUT operation."

Another things I found that from GUI, we can see the rule # and from each category we able to see category name follow by # of rule inside the category. Anyone have a way to extract that using API? As I would like to use insertBefore/After by getting rule#.

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

did you manage to get this working?

Could you share a sample of the code you used to enter "insertAfter' or "insertBefore"?

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card