cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-5500 install SFR module Help (111 Code failure)

Kgrevemberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install an SFR module on an ASA 5525.

I'm using asasfr-5500x-boot-6.2.3-4 image to install the SFR.

And trying to load asasfr-sys-6.2.3-83.pkg into the module.

Within the SFR module im using this command:

asasfr-boot >system install ftp://1.1.1.1/asasfr-sys-6.2.3-83.pkg

I have the file loaded on a tftp32 server. 

Here is the output from the sfr module when it attempts though:

asasfr-boot >system install http://1.1.1.1/asasfr-sys-6.2.3-83.pkg
Verifying

Upgrade Aborted

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I used the same tftp server to load the asa with the boot image fine. I can ping the tftp server from the SFR module. Both files are from the same file page on cisco's website for the 6.2.3 version.

Thanks for your help.

21 Replies 21

matty-boy
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

You need to install a major release (6.2.3 in your case). Once that is installed and working, apply the patch to 6.2.3.X using FMC/FDM.

Hope this helps,
Matt.

I believe I am doing that. The files I have downloaded are from the major release (6.2.3) page (https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286271172/type/286277393/release/6.2.3)

I downloaded the two bottom files.

My apologies, I did not read your post very well!

You mention you have setup a TFTP server, the the install requires FTP. Try setting up Filezilla server and trying again.

Ok, thanks for the recommendation. 

I have filezilla on one pc but have never used it. I will have to figure out how to set it up.

Hi,
Connect your Management interface and use FTP with below syntax.
system install ftp://username:password@XX.XX.XX.XX/asasfr-sys-6.2.3-83.pkg

HTH
Abheesh

It's not too tricky to get up and running. You'll need to create a user, add a password and point that user's home directory to wherever your .pkg file lives. Let us know how you get on.

So far that seems to have been the hold up. Running the filezilla server was easy with a little google-fu.

The file has downloaded to the Sourcefire module and is now extracting. which is further than I got before.

Thanks for the help.

(Edit)

When it was donw extracting it now says "unknown Error Occured" Upgrade Aborted.

Any ideas?

Excellent! Glad to hear you’re on track now.

Please read above post :)

**bleep**. I'm running out of ideas now. Did you see in Filezilla that the file was downloading? If no, might be username/password issue on Filezilla. Or Windows Firewall needs disabling? If yes....

Did the ASA download and then extract the image? Maybe it's corrupted? Check the md5 hash of the file and compare to the published has on Cisco.

I've redownloaded the file from cisco.

Looks like it is Erroring still.

It verifies, downloads then extracts but uppon completion of the extract it says unknown error occured.

Curious question, is it normal for the transfer to take 2 seconds? I see the SFR connect to filezilla in the log then initiat the transfer of the 1.3g file. It takes about 2 seconds to complete the transfer and disconnect. That seems extremely fast.

Hi,

Did you see the below verifying, downloading extracting commands when you download the file via FTP.

system install ftp://username:password@XX.XX.XX.XX/asasfr-sys-6.2.3-83.pkg 

Verifying
Downloading
Extracting

If you got error after this then your file may be corrupted. Download the file from cisco software central again and verify the MD5 value of the file you downloaded and then try to upload that in ASA SFR module.

HTH

Abheesh

Yes it made it all the way then errored. I will try to download the file again. Thanks

Looks like it is Erroring still.

Curious question, is it normal for the transfer to take 2 seconds? I see the SFR connect to filezilla in the log then initiat the transfer of the 1.3g file. It takes about 2 seconds to complete the transfer and disconnect. That seems extremely fast.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card