cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5516-X upgraded to 6.3.0 Service Unavailable FDM error

Philip Badhams
Level 1
Level 1

This is my first experience with the FTD image and I have just tried to update my ASA5516-X to version 6.3.0. The update appears to have gone fine but I have lost access to the FDM as I get the following error:

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

I have seen a few posts where people have deleted the manager and re-added it.

configure manager delete

configure manager local

However after doing the above I still experience the same issue both on G1/2 and the management1/1. Multiple restarts have also been carried out

The plan is to eventually manage all of the 5516-X from FMC. I was just going to update them in preparation.

Secondly am I correct in believing that one an ASA is in FMC then you cannot configure it locally, via FDM?.

I have attached the running config for your information.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What IP address do you go to for the FDM? Also, what does your "show network" output look like?

Also, FTD uses the management0 as reference to the management interface (ASA's Management1/1). You should be able to access it using the default 192.168.45.45 if you are plugged into it directly. 

You might have to manually set the management0 interface to do management if this did not happen automatically:

configure network management-interface enable management0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card