cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X with Firepower services not showing any interfaces in Firesight Management Center

Hi All,

I have an ASA5525-X (version 9.7.1) with firepower module (version 6.2). I added the ASA to the firesight management center, but I cannot see the interfaces of ASA listed in the Firesight Management Center.Please let me know whether anyone had this issue before.

Thanks and Regards

Shabeeb

12 Replies 12

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have you assigned the Control license to the ASA FirePOWER module?

Hi Marvin,

I have assigned control, protection, URL and malware licenses.

Is the ASA in routed mode and the FirePOWER module inline?

Hi Marvin,

The ASA is in routed mode. Currently I am not sending any traffic to Firepower module.

I downgraded the sensor software to 6.1.0 , but still the issue remains.

At ths point, I'd recommend opening a TAC case.

Hi,

Here the same problem with ASA5508, after update the software version to asa981-lfbff-k8.SPA , the problem was fixed.

Hi All,

I've FMC version 6.2.3, ASA version 9.8(1) and Firepower  boot image version 6.2.2.

But Same isssue.

You won't see ASA interfaces in FMC when you're managing an ASA Firepower service module. The ASA interfaces are managed from the ASA itself (via cli or ASDM).

Only with the FTD image would you also manage the ASA interfaces. 

Hi Marvin,

I am probably not getting your last post: on my FMC 6.2.3 on Device Management when I click on any unit (5525 with Firepower sensor) I am sent into a two tabs menu: Device | Interfaces.
Thoughts?

Assignment of interfaces to zones or inline sets for purposes of the Firepower Access Control Policy is via FMC.

Interface management like addressing, etherchannels, redundant interfaces, applying ASA ACL etc. is done from the ASA.

That should be "crystal clear"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: