cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X 9.2.2.4 with SFR cluster and CSM 4.7 - FirePower action not applicable for the device type

isaacalves27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community

I am not being able to add our  ASA 5585-X Cluster to CSM. we are running ASA 9.2.2.4 and CSM 4.7. (error on the print screen).

Do you think an upgrade will help? As anyone tried or found a solution for this?

Best regards

Isaac 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like an error on the part of CSM.

4.7 was the first release to support ASAs with the FirePOWER module. Although I don't see any notes in 4.8 or 4.9 that address this bug, an upgrade wouldn't hurt.

Personally, I'd recommend opening a TAC case. The ASA Cluster definitely supports FirePOWER service-policy.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like an error on the part of CSM.

4.7 was the first release to support ASAs with the FirePOWER module. Although I don't see any notes in 4.8 or 4.9 that address this bug, an upgrade wouldn't hurt.

Personally, I'd recommend opening a TAC case. The ASA Cluster definitely supports FirePOWER service-policy.

Hello Marvin

With no doubt Clustering supports SFR - we are still running on a test fase but until now we have no issues.

I will proceed as you suggested - will open a case asap and will upgrade CSM to 4.9. 

Will post any further information on this thread.

Best regards

Isaac

Just an update on this case:

TAC has requested me to create an appended Flex Config on CSM and to remove SFR policy from the ASA.

Besides of that TAC requested med to disable also "Deploy only new or modified Flexconfigs". 

Have finally added our ASA 5585-X to CSM.

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Isaac 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card