Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA FirePower 5515 Configuration

kamlenegi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to configuring ASA 5515 with FirePower service.

1. How to deploy in IPsec VPN environment.

2. Where to install FirePower License.

3. How to integrate with FireSIGHT VMware server.

Thanks

Kamlesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

the VPN traffic could be analized before  encryption happen in the ASA, when you forward the traffic toward the module it supposed to be without any encryption and based on the access control policies you can perform any action over the traffic either return the traffic to the ASA and continue with the encryption process or build the VPN from the SourceFire device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA with FirePOWER is no different than one without with regard to your IPsec VPN.

The FirePOWER license(s) are installed onto the FMC and deployed to the managed FirePOWER appliances or modules from there.

The integration with the managing FireSIGHT is the subject of the majority of the many hundreds of pages in the User Guide. What specific questions do you have in that regard?

Thanks Marvin,

Now I have more clarity regarding FirePower/FireSIGHT. I am deploying FireSIGHT in VMware server and integrating two ASA 5515. I have question related to site to site vpn traffic inspection. Is it possible to inspect vpn traffic and what would be the traffic flow. should I redirect all traffic toward IPS or any specific traffic.

Kamlesh

the VPN traffic could be analized before  encryption happen in the ASA, when you forward the traffic toward the module it supposed to be without any encryption and based on the access control policies you can perform any action over the traffic either return the traffic to the ASA and continue with the encryption process or build the VPN from the SourceFire device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: