Views
Helpful
Replies

Assigning Licenses to Managed Devices

sk_macharia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I activated licenses on FMC and they are showing up as active and unused. I've enabled the managed device to utilize them but still shows up as unlicensed. When I edit the device, the checkbox under licenses are greyed out. I'm running FMC VM V6.0.1.1 managing ASA5512-X running Firepower 6.0. See attached screenshots. Any idea what the issue is all about?

Regards,

Samuel.

2 Replies 2

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello ,

Based on the 3rd screenshot (device_license.png) can you try editing the License info over there. Click on the Device> Device Management tab > Navigate to that License info based on screenshot , Click on the edit button near to that and change that No > Yes and click on save changes.

Rate and mark correct if the post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

gbercsenyi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry, if this problem have been solved but I have a fresh experience with device licensing.

As I see on your screenshot, you have an available license set (Control, Protection, Malware, URL) for VirutalDevice64Bit and with this licence set you are NOT able to activate firepower in ASA 5512-X. You'll find your control and protect license in the box of the ASA. And separately you can get the TA/TAM/TAMC licenses. 

Without the control and protection license you are not able to assign any license to the device under the Device / Device Management / Device / License section.

I hope this could help to you or to others with this problem. 

Regards,

Gabor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card