cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can firepower be installed on esxi 6.7?

april14507
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to deploy Cisco Firepower management center virtual using Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_Virtual_VMware-VI-6.2.3-83.ovf on esxi 6.7 but I keep getting the error (see the attached). During the steps of choosing files, I chose the ovf file and was asked to choose Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_Virtual_VMware-6.2.3-83-disk1.vmdk as well. So I did. But I could not continue...

Can someone advise?

Thank you very much!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nazmul Rajib
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Firepower software 6.2.3.x is currently not supported on ESXi 6.7. Here are the currently supported platforms:

FTDv.png

Reference: Firepower Compatibility Guide

View solution in original post

The official support of VMware ESXi 6.7 began from the Firepower Version 6.5.

esxi.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

april14507
Level 1
Level 1
forget to mention that my esxi version is the latest version 6.7. I wonder if it is supported.

Nazmul Rajib
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Firepower software 6.2.3.x is currently not supported on ESXi 6.7. Here are the currently supported platforms:

FTDv.png

Reference: Firepower Compatibility Guide

thank you

I see 6.5 is still the highest. When will 6.7 be supported?

Now that Firepower virtual 6.3.0.x has been released, it still appears that vmware esx 6.7 is still not supported.  Any update on this?

When will ESXi 6.7 support FMCv 6.x?

While it is not officially supported, I can confirm that FMC will install and run just fine on ESXi 6.7.

I have a customer running ESXi 6.7.0 Build 13639324 and I had no issues installing or operating the FMC VM. I started with FMC 6.3.0 and have since upgraded to the latest (currently at 6.4.0.3).

The support listing on the compatibility matrix is a reflection of what Cisco engineering has tested and the TAC will support (only relevant in the event of issues related to the hypervisor). It is sometimes reflective of an innate limitation of the product; but in this case that's not a hard requirement.

Marvin,

Is it possible that your client started with ESXi 6.5/6.0 and has then since upgraded to ESXi 6.7?  I am able to access the FMCv via ESXi 6.7, but previously had FMCv installed on ESXi 6.0.  I've attempted a fresh install of 6.4 and tried your suggestion of starting with 6.3 after the migrated ESXi 6.7 upgrade.  Both do not allow the hypervisor to continue and gives an error, "Unhandled exception."  Cause: Possibly unhandled rejection: {}

My customer's installation was a greenfield (fresh install) of ESXi 6.7 and FMC.

The official support of VMware ESXi 6.7 began from the Firepower Version 6.5.

esxi.png

Nazmul,

Attempted installing FMCv 6.5 (vmdk & esxi ovf) using VMware vSphere web client several times from both Chrome as well as FireFox browsers.  I am still getting the same Unhandled Exception Error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card