Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

can firepower be installed on esxi 6.7?

I am trying to deploy Cisco Firepower management center virtual using Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_Virtual_VMware-VI-6.2.3-83.ovf on esxi 6.7 but I keep getting the error (see the attached). During the steps of choosing files, I chose the ovf file and was asked to choose Cisco_Firepower_Management_Center_Virtual_VMware-6.2.3-83-disk1.vmdk as well. So I did. But I could not continue...

Can someone advise?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: can firepower be installed on esxi 6.7?

Firepower software 6.2.3.x is currently not supported on ESXi 6.7. Here are the currently supported platforms:

FTDv.png

Reference: Firepower Compatibility Guide

7 REPLIES 7
Beginner

forget to mention that my esxi version is the latest version 6.7. I wonder if it is supported.
Cisco Employee

Firepower software 6.2.3.x is currently not supported on ESXi 6.7. Here are the currently supported platforms:

FTDv.png

Reference: Firepower Compatibility Guide

Beginner

thank you

Beginner

I see 6.5 is still the highest. When will 6.7 be supported?
Beginner

Now that Firepower virtual 6.3.0.x has been released, it still appears that vmware esx 6.7 is still not supported.  Any update on this?

Highlighted
Beginner

When will ESXi 6.7 support FMCv 6.x?

Hall of Fame Master

While it is not officially supported, I can confirm that FMC will install and run just fine on ESXi 6.7.

I have a customer running ESXi 6.7.0 Build 13639324 and I had no issues installing or operating the FMC VM. I started with FMC 6.3.0 and have since upgraded to the latest (currently at 6.4.0.3).

The support listing on the compatibility matrix is a reflection of what Cisco engineering has tested and the TAC will support (only relevant in the event of issues related to the hypervisor). It is sometimes reflective of an innate limitation of the product; but in this case that's not a hard requirement.