cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can FMC be connected to an FTD device over a WAN connection with a NAT device in between ?

damode
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to connect a FMC to an FTD device over a WAN connection with a NAT device in between.

Can this work ? If yes, what would be the risks associated with it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Yes this is possible and you'll need to fill in the nat id field which will be used by fmc with the registration key to build a secure connection.
Features will be the same as registering a ftd without nat.

Take a look here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/Management_Center_Basics.html#ID-2242-00000191

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Yes this is possible and you'll need to fill in the nat id field which will be used by fmc with the registration key to build a secure connection.
Features will be the same as registering a ftd without nat.

Take a look here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/Management_Center_Basics.html#ID-2242-00000191

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks.

Is it also possible to apply ntp authentication via the management interface ?

I'm sorry i don't get your question.
FTD uses its management to access ntp which means of you're connecting to a ntp server that requires authentication, it won't change the way the ntp synchronization works.

Thanks
Francesco
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card