cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not access FTD 6.2 through Local Manager (FDM)

harshalp
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to access FTD version 6.2 through Local Manager (FDM) by using default IP 192.168.45.45. but unfortunately, I could not able to access.

I have deployed FTD version 6.2 on the ASA5515-x box and also cabled the following deployment using switch which is recommended for ASA5515-x box as per mentioned in fptd-fdm-config-guide.

• Attach GigabitEthernet 0/0 to the ISP/WAN modem or other outside device. By default, the IP address
is obtained using DHCP, but you can set a static address during initial configuration.

• Attach GigabitEthernet 0/1 to the layer 2 switch. The IP address is 192.168.45.1, which serves as the
gateway for the inside network.

• Attach Management 0/0 to the layer 2 switch. The IP address is 192.168.45.45.

• Attach your workstation to the layer 2 switch and configure it to obtain an address using DHCP.

As per the above deployment, My workstation obtained the 192.168.45.46 ip address through dhcp from GigabitEthernet 0/1 inside network and also able to ping 192.168.45.1 but can not able to ping as well as access 192.168.45.45 management IP address. well also tried to access local manager though CLI but could not succeed in that case.

So my question is whether there is any problem on the module itself or in the management connection ?

7 Replies 7

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

For posterity

"This device does not support local management."

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there. Can you confirm if you had configured a centralized manager for this device? You can check this by going to the CLI and issuing the following command: "show managers" Please check and let us know. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi there,

> show managers

No managers configured.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

Execute command: "configure manager local" and wait a few minutes to try to access again.

"This device does not support local management." is the response

Hi Alan, how are you?

It is possible to manage locally via FDM from version 6.2. See below for Cisco documentation and a Cisco engineer video showing how to do it.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/620/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-620/fptd-fdm-use-cases.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzz3m_-IGU

Hi @Alessandro Roberto Alves ,

I will have a look at these and see how it goes. 

Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card