cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Solarwinds montior FTD interfaces?

swoodyard
Level 1
Level 1

It says the SNMP v3 connection passes, but I'm not getting any interface, cpu, memory stats.

Does anybody have this working?

9 Replies 9

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think you can add FTD in Solarwinds and you can get the details of CPU, Memory & Interface Below link shares the MIB values

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-190820#comment-276033

HTH

Abheesh

Hi,

I can't get the active connections though. 

Thanks much,

Cheryl

Are you querying the FTD management address (won't give you full functionality) or have you setup the diagnostic interface address so that you can query the Lina susbystem directly (recommended approach)?

i am using one of the inside interfaces to send the snmp data to solarwinds.. the device is added in NPM but no details are visible..does inside interface as an snmp provider works ?

@NeWGuy1109 wrote:
..does inside interface as an snmp provider works ?

No it doesn't work to provide full functionality.

You need to setup the diagnostic interface address so that you can query the Lina subsystem directly. 

Does the address on the diagnostic interface need to be of same subnet as that of inside or it needs to be a distinguished IP in the network ? Solarwinds will then Poll diagnostic interface IP for SNMP ?

Thanks

The diagnostic interface shares the physical management interface. They must both have addresses in the same subnet, usually not the same as the inside interface.

Once you have it configured and verified reachable, SolarWinds NPM or any other SNMP management system can query it via the configured SNMPv3 username and password.

https://books.google.com.my/books?id=OBBADwAAQBAJ&pg=PT267&lpg=PT267&dq=firepower+diagnostic+interface&source=bl&ots=lCXzQZNh8h&sig=ACfU3U1w-aOk3BLNnyFtVFxQjQMd2xc27A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjN1Z-3uNrlAhXQ7XMBHTOfD54Q6AEwCHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=firepowe...

Thanks for the reply.. i configured diagnostic interface with one of the IPs in the management subnet ..but i am unable to ping diagnostic interface from any of the Ips in the management network... am i missing something ?

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What Marvin said: Setup the diagnostic interface and that should give you the information that you are looking for.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card