Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Can we use same crossover cable as Failover Link and State full Failover Link on Cisco asa5516 .

Can we use same crossover cable as Failover Link and State full Failover Link on Cisco asa5516 . I am not left with any extra port so can I use same port for both ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

Re: Can we use same crossover cable as Failover Link and State full Failover Link on Cisco asa5516 .

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Re: Can we use same crossover cable as Failover Link and State full Failover Link on Cisco asa5516 .

Yes you can use the same physical interface. I've done it many times with no problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Beginner

Beginner

Thanks harmesh
Beginner

Dear ,

Find below mentioned URL for your reference 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa912/configuration/general/asa-912-general-config/ha-failover.html

If will help you to understand your query .

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Master

Yes you can use the same physical interface. I've done it many times with no problem.

Beginner

Thanks Marvin