Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot add 5508 license to Firesight virtual appliance

saimunpial
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yesterday I was trying to add ASA 5508-X series control license to the Firesight Virtual appliance. The firewall was bought with control license, amp and url filter. But no license was bought in the beginning to integrate with Firesight virtual appliance. Later on Firesight License for 25 devices 'FS-VMW-SW-K9' is bought and the license is already activated in the firesight. But now when I am trying to add the license one of the 5508-X firewall's control, amp and url-filter; there is an error occurs. When I am trying also to add device then I have got an error on the firesight that either the hostname or key is mismatched, thought it is not the real issue and the fireamp shows it is successfully added. So I am sure whether the failure occurs for the license issue.

It would be great if someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Saimun

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks like the PAK might have been redeemed using the 5C:83:... ID and not the 66:00:... one from your FireSIGHT.

If that's the case, you will have to rehost the license. You should be able to do that via the self-service portal at www.cisco.com/go/licensing

Hello Marvin,

Gladly appreciate your support. That was the exact issue. I rehosted the license and it worked without any issue.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card