Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot load FirePOWER module on ASDM

wan_cubby34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Cannot load FirePOWER module from Ubuntu, when I start ASDM it's initializing FirePOWER module but then ASDM loads without FirePOWER tab in configuration, no error messages appears. With Windows PC no problem

Did you know I need to install some additional software on Linux PC?

Hardware is ASA 5506-X

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can the Ubuntu computer reach the module's IP address?

Don't just use icmp (ping) to check but see if you can ssh to the module's address as that will use tcp/22 and require symmetric routing.

hi marvin,

i believe ubuntu should have HTTPS (TCP 443) connectivity instead of TCP 22/SSH. see attached photo.

i got the same issue before when my PC is not on the same subnet as the ASA MGMT or FP IP.

Yes, it's true that it needs tcp/443 for ASDM. But obviously that's not working for some reason - thus I suggest trying ssh which should also be available on the module.

If ssh works then the routing / NAT / etc. is all ok and we can focus on the ASDM issue. If ssh does not work then the issue isn't specific to ASDM and we focus our attention elsewhere.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: