cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDA not working with Remote Desktop (Terminal Services)

ste.ant
Level 1
Level 1
Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me - Does CDA 1.0.0.011 Patch 6 support Remote Desktop Session Hosts (Terminal Servers)? I'm asking because I'm experiencing the following issue - When one user logs into a terminal server and matches an extended ACL permitting their user account access to a specific resource and someone else logs into the same terminal server both users are able to access the resource that only the second user has access to. It's like CDA treats terminal server users on a last login wins basis (and all others users inherit ACL action of the last logged in user). If this is the case, does the Firepower User Agent for Active Directory correct this (we also have Firepower running on our environment)? Thanks!
Steve
3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This looks like expected because all sessions on the same host sharing the same IP address, by default. You might consider Remote Desktop IP Virtualization

Or, you may check out the Firepower Terminal Server Agent.

ste.ant
Level 1
Level 1
Hello hslai, Thank you for the reply! I’ve setup Remote Desktop IP Virtualization (and it’s working - users are receiving unique IP addresses from DHCP BUT the Kerberos security logs in AD are still showing that all users are coming from a single IP address (the terminal server) and the Cisco CDA is showing this as well. In other words, the CDA is still behaving as it did before IP Virtualization was enabled. There's another issue I've noticed as well - how can I bind a DHCP IP address to a specific user to be able to create an access list on the ASA for that specific user? Thank you, Steve
Steve

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many thanks for trying it out. CDA is based on Kerberos security events so your results show it not compatible.

Next, please try Firepower Terminal Server Agent. I moved your post to FirePOWER, where the team will be able to assist you better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card