cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco ASA 5505 Migration to FTD Firepower Device Manager

Hi there,

I want to migrate Cisco ASA 5505 to Cisco FTD with Firepower Device Manager (FDM). I know that you can use Cisco's Migration Tool if you are migrating to Cisco FTD with Firepower Management Center (FMC).

Is there any "easy" way to migrate from Cisco ASA 5505 to Cisco FTD with FDM? Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks & Regards, 

Sam 

4 REPLIES 4
VIP Advisor RJI VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

Re: Cisco ASA 5505 Migration to FTD Firepower Device Manager

Hi,
As you cannot use the migration tool when using FDM there aren't many options. You could potentially use API, but how much configuration is there to migrate from the ASA? It might be quicker just to re-build from scratch.

I'd suggest you deploy 6.4.0.4 as it's now the recommended release by Cisco.

HTH
Beginner

Hi RJI, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Is it possible to add the Firepower 1010 temporarily to FMC in order to use the Migration tool and thereafter use FDM for management?

Thanks. 

VIP Advisor RJI VIP Advisor
VIP Advisor

Hi,
There is no way that I am aware of to migrate from FMC to FDM. When you change managers, between local and remote or vice versa, this erases device configuration and returns the system to the default configuration.
Hall of Fame Master

I agree with @RJI - just rebuild the configuration from scratch.

An ASA 5505 configuration is typically quite small and should not take more than a couple of hours to rebuild on an FDM-managed FTD device.