cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower Advice Needed

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all I have done a previous deployment of Firepower but it has been years now so am rusty. I have a new customer that i'd consider small less than 100 employees that is under compliance initiative and their production network does not meet the requirements. I am replacing with Cisco ASA 5512-X and plan to have them purchase a server that I would throw ESXI on and run the Virtual Firepower OVA with.  This customer would only have the single ASA. Do you guys see anything wrong with this ? I was wondering if you guys had any part numbers I could go off so I can put to my supplier for Quote? I assume I'd just need the Cisco 5512-X & the AMP\URL licensing for Firepower. I belive the FMC OVA is free? Any help be appreciated

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

FMC is not free and requires purchasing a license (and generally a support contract is also purchased to entitle the customer to upgrades and support).

For a single device running FTD image or and ASA with Firepower service module, using the FDM or ASDM GUI may suffice. Those are free. They can also optionally manage from the cloud with CDO.

It's best to work with your supplier on part numbers. Cisco BOMs include options for what type and term of support and term of licenses etc. that make it difficult to convey in a forum thread. Plus people come back to them years later and wonder why the quoted part numbers are no longer valid.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card