Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FMCv can integrate to Orion network monitoring

michelle040414
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a FMC running on VM and an ORION network monitoring or ticketing system. Is it possible to integrate the FMC to ORION once there's an alert?. 

Appreciate your response. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Michelle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure your Solarwinds Orion NPM server as the syslog destination for FMC Alerts.

If you're also using Solarwinds Web Helpdesk, then in Solarwinds Alert Manager create a rule flow to open a Web Helpdesk ticket as the result of a Firepower alert.

I used a similar rule setup for our NOC and it works fine. FMC (or a managed device) creates an alert, it fires off a syslog message and a helpdesk ticket is generated - all automatically.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure your Solarwinds Orion NPM server as the syslog destination for FMC Alerts.

If you're also using Solarwinds Web Helpdesk, then in Solarwinds Alert Manager create a rule flow to open a Web Helpdesk ticket as the result of a Firepower alert.

I used a similar rule setup for our NOC and it works fine. FMC (or a managed device) creates an alert, it fires off a syslog message and a helpdesk ticket is generated - all automatically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: