Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE logs via AD User-Agent

Sakun Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am collecting User-IP mapping via User-Agent quarrying the AD servers. But my wireless users authenticate via ISE and I don't see those uses in FMC. Is there a way to configure FMC to get logs from ISE (without PXGrid) or configure something on Windows Auditing to log Cisco ISE authentications?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For the ISE-authenticated users you should add ISE as an Identity source for your FMC. It does require using pxGrid.

In our case not all the devices uses ISE, like wired client do not use ISE.

I believe I am restricted to use either ISE or user-agent, is there any way audit and log authentication logs from ISE to AD audit logs.

I have not tested the results but you can configure both ISE and User Agent identity sources for a given FMC.

More details on identity sources can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/650/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v65/introduction_to_network_discovery_and_identity.html#concept_6C9FF477EEB643FD80818C0FAA91DAB3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card