Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SNMP for Cisco Firepower 2110

B A
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I need to configure SNMP for Cisco Firepower 2110 to communicate with our Zabbix server.

How do I do this? I cannot find any way how to enter the Zabbix server's IP address to Cisco Firepower to make it working.

Thank you for your help.

30 Replies 30

Hi

So it looks like both FTD devices can be polled successfully by Zabbix.

The FMC SNMP settings need to be configured under System > Configuration > SNMP.

Configure the SNMP parameters, save then test.

let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Phil

I can only set the SNMP version and the community string. Nothing else. I cannot specify the Zabbix server as an SNMP server for our FirePower.

After I set this up, still no joy.

fpwr.PNG

Still in the configuration area of the FMC, within Access List, put the Zabbix IP address in for SNMP. Save, then re-try.

Thanks. That was it.

Hello.

What zabbix template was used for this device? 

You should be able to use the Cisco ASA template for Zabbix to monitor Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) devices.

We do use that template , but i do see a lot of applications with the status "unsupported." Is that correct?
Im trying to monitor a vFTD 7.0.1 and a FTD 6.6 ( physical) , both managed by an FMC

status.PNG

Hello.

In our case template for ASA works correctly.

Also, you can try to use templates from screen - template net cisco ios snmpv2 we use for whole HA and template icmp ping we use to monitor device availability by management port.

Is it possible to monitor virtual FTDv 7.0.1 version managed by FDM through zabbix?

I'm also looking forward to this answer!

Yes, its possible. But you should use flexconfig for this purpose.

Thanks , do you have some links to more info?

Thanks , but im using FMC , and i do have SNMPv2 enabled via the Platform Settings

Can you clarify your problem?

If i understood you correctly, you use FTD managed by FMC and you cant add this FTD into Zabbix?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card