Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployment failed due to internal errors

shinerner
Level 1
Level 1

This is the message I got after I upgraded the cisco 5516-x 

Deployment failed due to internal errors. If persists after trying contact cisco TAC.

What can I do to get this resolve and also the backup runs endlessly...csm backup...

2 Replies 2

InTheJuniverse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

It's difficult troubleshoot with such details.

Do you have just one sensor or multiple that you manage thru FMC? In case it is multiple, do you see errors just on this Sensor or all? Do you have Active / Standby config on the firewall? If yes, then is the module installed on one or both the firewalls? Is the management cable up  on both the firewalls ? These all must  be checked.

Here are the details.

We have a Virtual FMC that manages two Cisco 5516-x FTD. The deployment is done from the vFMC to the Cisco FTDs in HA(Act/std) mode. The management cable is on both devices and on same subnets with the vFMC. 

The errors message does come whenever the backup is launched on the vFMC(the management console). And the VM that hosts this vFMC has much memory assigned; no memory issue. 

What we do most times is to restart the vFMC, and as soon as we start the backup, it works.

BUT do we have to restart vFMC every time before a backup can be done successfully?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card