cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[Download Throttling] what's underlying mechanism for the Firepower bandwidth Management to limit internet link bandwidth per internal users/IPs

If external FTP or HTTPs server is sending a file with total size 5G to an internal user and utilize all the whole branch wan internet bandwidth

How the firepower will act for that traffic to protect internet bandwidth if i configured it to assign only 2Mb/s for this user?

Noted that the traffic will already sent from the ISP as there is no QoS or Bandwidth management at his side for internal users

is there any QoS or other mechanism used? if there what's it? and how it works for both TCP/UDP/P2P traffic?

5 Replies 5

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can configure QOS to rate limit the Dowload/Upload limit in Mbps for specific IP or service.

QOS Configuration Guide 

Thanks,
Abheesh
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

@Abheesh Kumar

does this apply on FTD or this can be done on ASA SFR connected with FMC?

as per my understanding QoS this can only work on FTD.

but i was thinking in regards to ASA SFR on FMC if you create the correlation policy it can also be done.

please do not forget to rate.

QoS can be applied to FTD only not SFR

i'm not asking for configuration, i'm asking about the underlying mechanism .... how can the FW limit downloaded stream before being sent from the server and utilize the download bandwidth of a link

i'm not asking for configuration, i'm asking about the underlying mechanism .... how can the FW limit downloaded stream before being sent from the server and utilize the download bandwidth of a link

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card