Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Error in FireSight - "Unable to connect to DB".

Software Version 5.4.1.6 (build 40)
OS Sourcefire Linux OS 5.4.0 (build126)

Hello! I have a problem! I hope for your help! 

When a try to apply settings to Sensor in FireSight - i have error - "Unable to connect to DB". FireSight  and FirePower see each other in lan.

How i can solve this problem? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Cisco Employee

Is this a new installation?

Is this a new installation? or it was registered to different FMC and now registered to another one? this looks like could be issue with database corruption.

It could end up with re-image but I would suggest to open TAC case for it.

Rate if helps.

Yogesh

Beginner

Thank you! It is not new

Thank you! It is not new installation. I have indicator  an exclamation mark on the hardware. What it is mean?

Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

Hello Team,

If its a hardware , you can also check the LCD panel if that shows any hardware error (click on next button ).

Other than that , is there any sudden power loss occurred in the device? . If the device gets powered off suddenly , this will mess up the database.

Looks like the mysql will be in a shutdown mode or unresponsive mode. Its just because of the database error only , this error will occur.

Could you please verify the status of the following :-

pmtool status |grep mysqld

Other than this , to troubleshoot this you need to contact the TAC team since starting from version 5.4 we are not supposed to make any alterations to the database without the TAC assistance.

Rate if this post helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Hello Team,

Hi dedr

Error in FireSight - "Unable to connect to DB

the device gets powered off suddenly after that we have this erroe when push config to sfr
trying to connect to database server after error 2002: con not connecteto local mysql server through socket