cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eth0 not found when running sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network on FMC1000

DAVID YARASHUS
Level 5
Level 5

I'm trying to install a remote FMC1000-K9 appliance using the cli to configure it.

Launching the java-based KVM from the LOM connection (which was brought up with DHCP), I login as admin, and run:

sudo /usr/local/sf/bin/configure-network

then I answer the prompts about IPv4 address, mask, default gw, confirm them, decline to add IPv6 ... and it comes back with errors like these:

Updated network configuration.

Caught SFSystem Exception!

System (/sbin/ifconfig eth0) Failed -- (eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found)

No settings for Management Interfaces speed at /usr/local/sf/lib/perl/5.10.1/SF/NetworkConf/NetworkSettings.pm line 2324.

Caught SFSystem Exception!

System (/sbin/ifconfig eth0) Failed -- (eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found)

Updated comms. channel configuration.

Please go to https:/// to finish installation.

<hostname>:~$

Running ifconfig -a only shows me a lo interface, no eth0.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DAVID YARASHUS
Level 5
Level 5
For anyone wondering about the resolution, the answer was to re-image the box, then try again. Everything worked once it was re-imaged. There must have been a prior failed installation attempt that left things in unexpected conditions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DAVID YARASHUS
Level 5
Level 5
For anyone wondering about the resolution, the answer was to re-image the box, then try again. Everything worked once it was re-imaged. There must have been a prior failed installation attempt that left things in unexpected conditions.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card