Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiewpower Virtual Web Interface connection

Cisco_5564
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to learn Firepower capabilities therefore I tried to install Firepower virtual on GNS3 and VMware.

I configured Firepower virtual device network configuration. I am able to ping Firepower management network adapter also firepower adapter able to ping networks but I could not connect firepower web interface on internet explorer.

also I add my computer ip address on `configure add 192.168.1.1 12356` and check show managers but even I could not login to web interface ?

do you have any advice or idea why I could not see web interface ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When you did the command "configure add 192.168.1.1 12356" (actually "configure manager add...") it told the FTDv NOT to allow local management via FDM. You need to "configure manager delete" to undo that command.

At that point verify the status with "show managers". We are looking for it to indicate that the FTDv is now configured for local management.

With local management, the Firepower Device Manager (FDM) web-based GUI should be accessible via https to the management IP address.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What image did you install - Firepower Threat Defense virtual (FTDv) or Firepower Management Center virtual (FMCv)?

FTDv did not have a web interface until version 6.2.2. FMCv does.

Hi Marvin,

I installed FTDv which file name is `Cisco_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual-6.4.0-102.qcow2` also i configured ip address and managed ip address
is it possible to connect on web browser on managment port ip address ?

Thanks

When you did the command "configure add 192.168.1.1 12356" (actually "configure manager add...") it told the FTDv NOT to allow local management via FDM. You need to "configure manager delete" to undo that command.

At that point verify the status with "show managers". We are looking for it to indicate that the FTDv is now configured for local management.

With local management, the Firepower Device Manager (FDM) web-based GUI should be accessible via https to the management IP address.

Hi Marvin, Thank you for your support and information about Firepower services.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: