Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Participant

FirePower 2100 Sub-Interfaces

Hello,

We purchased several FirewPower 2100s but not using the FTD; however, we are only using the hosted ASA. I was trying to create sub-interfaces on the ASA and was able to. The ASA's config show the sub-interfaces. I spent hours  just trying to ping the sub-interface with no success. I copied the same configuration to another ASA (not hosted on a FirewPower) and was able to ping the sub-interface.  When I issue this command "sh eth-uplink detail expand" on the FXOS, it doesn't show the sub-interfaces.

My question does the FirePower 2100 have limitations in supporting sub-interfaces/Etherchannling?

Thanks in advance,

~zK

2 REPLIES 2
Cisco Employee

Re: FirePower 2100 Sub-Interfaces

Subinterfaces will not be shown in FXOS, as it is not supported there for this case. Subinterfaces are configured in ASA.
You can check the physical/port-channel interface status on FCM, operational status should be up, also check switch side configuration for allowed vlans.
Highlighted
Participant

Re: FirePower 2100 Sub-Interfaces

Thanks for the info. It turned out that I had a native VLAN on the trunk port. Once I removed that native VLAN, I was able to ping the sub-interfaces.

Much appreciated.

Best, ~zK