Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower 7100 series - unable to execute few commands

Dear Cisco Community,

I was doing preventive maintenance on Firepower 7100 series, however I was not able to execute few commands in CLI, please find the snap attached at the end for reference.

Below are the command,

1. show version
  2. show memory
  3. show power-supply-status
  4. dir flash
  5. dir nvram
  6. Show file systems

Firepower snap.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Firepower OS is running over a Linux OS. If you switch to "expert" mode you can use standard Linux commands to query system variables.

FMC does manage the 7100 series. It uses a set of programmatic health monitor queries as opposed to show commands. You cannot execute cli commands on the 7100 series sensor from FMC.

You can see the device health status in FMC under System > Health > Monitor and then click your sensor.

Here's an example:

FMC 3D series health.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The problematic commands you cited aren't supported on Firepower OS.

Was there some source that made you expect they would be?

@Marvin Rhoads Thanks for your response on my query...

So basically those commands are supported only on Cisco ASA, not on firepower appliance, is it? If so will you be able to provide me link to commands that are supported by firepower?

If I understood the architecture correctly, the Firepower appliance is connected to FMC, are there ways to execute these commands from FMC?

Firepower OS is running over a Linux OS. If you switch to "expert" mode you can use standard Linux commands to query system variables.

FMC does manage the 7100 series. It uses a set of programmatic health monitor queries as opposed to show commands. You cannot execute cli commands on the 7100 series sensor from FMC.

You can see the device health status in FMC under System > Health > Monitor and then click your sensor.

Here's an example:

FMC 3D series health.PNG

@Marvin Rhoads I shall try out the options you have provided and come back with results, thanks for your response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: