Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower error messages

macgyver0099_1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our Firepower management system is reporting several error messages on one of our remote sites in Japan, where we have an ASA5525.  The first error message was also reported in our office in Brazil, but it was resolved by re-seating a loose cable.  Japan, however, is insisting there is no such issue at that location.  I double-checked the configuration on the ASA-x and found the same necessary configuration as present on our other locations not reporting the problem.  We can ping the Firepower from the ASA-x and vice-versa.  The Firepower is running version 6.2.1 and the remote ASA5525 is running the following:

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.8(2)20
Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.2(2.63)
Device Manager Version 7.8(2)151

Any ideas?

1st message:

Firepower: Deployment failed due to configuration error.  If problem persists after retrying, contact Cisco TAC.

2nd message:

Appliance Heartbeat: Appliance FirePower is not sending heartbeats.

3rd message:

Time Synchronization Status [IP Address] is out-of-sync.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrei Fokin
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same symptoms. The reason for this was a disconnected cable connecting the Firepower module to the LAN

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Andrei Fokin
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same symptoms. The reason for this was a disconnected cable connecting the Firepower module to the LAN

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi macgyver0099_1

For First error, you can check show history and then click the failed deployment and click the transcript. so can see why the deployment is failing. It may be due to configuration error.

2018-11-03 00_03_58-Cisco Firepower Management Center.jpg

For second error, there should be some reachability issue between your firewall and fmc.

For Third error, please check your Platform policy for firewall that you enable time sync from FMC.

-Abheesh 

kiran.oddiraju
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue today with the error "Appliance Heartbeat: Appliance FirePower is not sending heartbeats".

It was the FirePower module on that was in unresponsive state. Rebooting the module resolved my issue.

Thanks,

Kiran

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card