Helpful
Replies

Firepower -  file trajectory

cadet
Level 4
Level 4

Hello!

Network file trajectory: 

"Cisco maps how hosts transfer files, including malware files, across your network. It can see if a file transfer was blocked or the file was quarantined. This provides a means to scope, provide outbreak controls, and identify patient zero." - https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/products/security/firewalls/competitive-comparison.html#~competitive=0

What products do customers need to offer to implement the "Network file trajectory" features?

If we don't put Firepower  into the east-west path of the traffic than we can not see file trajectory across customer network without additional products such as, for example, AMP for Endpoint ?!

So, in design (case 1 in attach) without  AMP for Endpoint do I not see file trajectory between host B and C ?

Or do I need additional Firepower between host B and C (case 2 in attach) or AMP for Endpoint on both hosts ?

Could you correct me if I am wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need ISE to quarantine. When quarantined ISE would send a DACL down to the switchport an infected device is connected to, which would restrict lateral movement within the VLAN for that device. Thus preventing the spread of malware/virus etc to other devices on the network.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

It probably wouldn't be feasible or scalable to put a Firepower appliance in between host B and C in order to filter intra VLAN traffic. You should implement AMP for Endpoints.

HTH

Definitely :)

So, does AMP for Endpoint is mandatory element in file trajectory functionality?

Yes you use AMP4E to get that information you require. You can also integrate with ISE in order to quarantine the device in infected.

does Firepower can  to quarantine the device if infected without ISE ?

You need ISE to quarantine. When quarantined ISE would send a DACL down to the switchport an infected device is connected to, which would restrict lateral movement within the VLAN for that device. Thus preventing the spread of malware/virus etc to other devices on the network.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card