cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FTD 6.4: How to realize a blocking for a long list of IP addresses?

rherud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have just a short question:
How can a realize a blocking for a long list of IP addresses without entering them manually one by one.
The list is here:

https://paste.cryptolaemus.com/emotet/2019/06/21/emotet-malware-IoCs_06-21-19.html
Is there a trick that I don't need to enter them manually in a group object to create a blocking access control rule against it?
Every hint is very welcome!
Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

Bye

R.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're OK with blocking the IP addresses altogether you can just import them as a plain text file into the IP Blacklist object.

The listing you referred to has address:port combos. Those you would probably have to enter manually. You could use the API but learning the prerequisites for doing that probably takes longer than manual entry. :)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you're OK with blocking the IP addresses altogether you can just import them as a plain text file into the IP Blacklist object.

The listing you referred to has address:port combos. Those you would probably have to enter manually. You could use the API but learning the prerequisites for doing that probably takes longer than manual entry. :)

Hi Marvin,
this sounds good!
I will prepare an ASCII file and import it to an IP Blacklist object.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

You could create a manual Security Intelligence feed, essentially you just list the IP addresses to blacklist in a text file. The file can either be uploaded to the FMC or alternatively store the file on a web server and the FMC will query the list (as a feed) at regular intervals. Useful links here and here.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card