Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower FTD Redist EIGRP into BGP

umutyasar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Do you know if there is a way to redistribute EIGRP into BGP in Firepower FTD?

I configured EIGRP, BGP and redist BGP into EIGRP.

But couldn't find a way to redist EIGRP into BGP.

Regards,

Umut Yasar

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

EIGRP can be configured only using FlexConfig.
Have you tried to configure your redistribution eigrp to bgp using FlexConfig?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,
Yes, I configured eigrp and bgp redist into eigrp by using flexconfig. But couldn't find a way to configure eigrp redist into bgp via flexcondig.

Sorry but EIGRP support is currently (as of Firepower 6.4) limited to being a stub router - no matter how you tweak it with Flexconfig it won't redistribute.

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for the information. That is what I was suspected. But It's not logical to have single redistribute for EIGRP. I hope Cisco will deal with it and make it available soon in further releases, considering EIGPR is Cisco proprietary and Enterprise customers generally prefer EIGRP.

Regards,
Umut Yasar

Punit Jethva
Level 1
Level 1

This worked for me:

1. Created a text object with "bgp 12345" as the variable. You have to include the whole string "bgp 12345" - name ROUTERbgpASN

2. Create  a flexconfig object e.g.

router $ROUTERbgpASN

address-family ipv4 unicast

redistribute eigrp 222

Make sure that when you just don't type in the $ROUTERbgpASN, add it from the drop down and click insert the text object.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: