Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Firepower Management center license

All, 

Have 2 5525 ASA's with Source Fire with URL/IPS and AV license for both SF modules

planning to bring in a firepower management center virtual appliance to mange SF modules for HA

could advise me on the license that I need to purchase 

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Guru

Re: Firepower Management center license

The FMC license is only for FMC to manage the devices. 2 of them in this case.

You need to add the licenses of the managed Firepower service modules themselves into FMC.

If you've already redeemed them for ASDM-based management, then you must rehost them to FMC (using software.cisco.com portal). FMC will then have them available and is used assign them to the Firepower service modules.

FTD devices work similarly except they use Smart licenses instead of PAK-based ones.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hall of Fame Guru

Cisco offers 4 license options for the FMCv. The entry level one covers two devices such as you have.

The SKU (part number) is SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9.

We would typically combine it with a support contract. The part number for that is SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9. The support contract needs an associated term (usually 1, 3 or 5 years).

Beginner

thank you, does SKU SF-FMC-VMW-2-K9 include license for URL/AV an IPS

what about my existing licenses 

Highlighted
Hall of Fame Guru

The FMC license is only for FMC to manage the devices. 2 of them in this case.

You need to add the licenses of the managed Firepower service modules themselves into FMC.

If you've already redeemed them for ASDM-based management, then you must rehost them to FMC (using software.cisco.com portal). FMC will then have them available and is used assign them to the Firepower service modules.

FTD devices work similarly except they use Smart licenses instead of PAK-based ones.

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here