cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Center Virtual Appliance 6.2.3 - Web GUI - Internal Error 500 after successful login

ROBBY HARRELL
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer whose FMC Web GUI is not working after the initial login page. I can successfully login to the Virtual Appliance from the web page, but the another web page opens that states INTERNAL ERROR 500, and to contact Technical support.  I can log into the box via SSH, and I have verified that the time is correct.  Although, the timer server designated has a reachable of 377. 

Last change on the FMC was to change the IP address of a remote ASA w/Firepower services.  The ASA was moved to another branch with a different lan ip address.   I deleted that ASA and re-added the device in the FMC with the new lan ip.  I did this while the ASA was being moved from the old site that was closed to its current location.  A time of about 10 days without it connected.  

Went to log into FMC a few days ago to check the status of the moved firewall once it was connected back to the FMC site via VPN tunnel.  I was able to login, but not do anything else.

I rebooted the FMC VM, and tried again after waiting 15 minutes.  No Change.

Tried again day later, still having same issue.

Both ASA firewalls using the FMC show manager status is completed.

Just found out original support contract when purchased  has ended.  Would con-ecmu-vmwsw2 be the part number to order for Technical Support and Upgrades for the FMC version 6.2.3 VA?  What would be the  smartnet part numbers for an ASA5512X w/Firepower and ASA 5506 w/Firepower for  hardware replacement (NBD) and tech support?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Any ideas until I can get a support contract back on the  

4 Replies 4

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

for SmartNet renewal , all you would need is really the Serial Number of the device and give it to Sale to get a renewal quote, depending on since how long the device has been out of support , you will get a quote

for the vFMC, did you try reboot it ?

I have restarted the FMC VM, but not the ESXi server.

efghifari
Level 1
Level 1

i have same issue with FMC, after login page error, previously there was no change, this happened suddenly,

is there a solution for this case ?

thanks

Shuhaib Thottathil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robby,

we need to understand the error behind it. We have something called pigtail available in firepower devices. 

Connect the FMC via CLI. Be a root user and then run the command "pigtail"

try to login to the FMC GUI and complete the steps you need to do to recreate the issue.

Share the pigtail output with me, will check and give you an update.

Note:- When you save the putty logs ensure that you have chosen printable output.

Thanks

Shuhaib

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card