Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Management Centeter admin Login with LDAP

i am trying to configure External Authentication method using LDAP so i can login to virtual FMC using AD credentials but failed , i configured External Authentication method following below article but failed when trying to test user

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/firesight-management-center/118738-configure-firesight-00.html

always i have this error 

127 users were found with this filter.
371 users were found with this filter but are invalid because their format is not supported for this appliance.
The server query size limit was exceeded. Use the Base Filter to reduce the number of records retrieved.
See Test Output for details.

i tried also using radius authentication but i got this error

Test Failed: Bind failed. Please verify your Authentication Method Specific parameters.

Test Failed: The search for your test user using your current parameters failed; please verify your authentication settings and test user credentials.

also what next step after configuring External Authentication method , do i have to create user and choose external method and then try , or there is something else ?

virtual FMC version = 6.2.3

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you didn't get the my issue , i don't want passive or active authentication , i want to authenticate admin user while they are logging to FMC GUI using external authentication

I may be misunderstood your question. 

What i have done was, In the AD we created a Group called Network Admin, added the selected users to that Group, and bind that user group in the FMC for authentication

Attached external authentication screenshot, here i used for reference guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v60/Firepower_System_User_Management.html#concept_96C6A9709BB54F4D8BCE5CC19C92B7C3

Make Sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card