Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower - Max ACL Limits

Antonio Macia
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

What are the ACL limits on the Firepower family running ASA code? I've found documentation regarding the ASA hardware family but nothing related to the new Firepower appliances. I suppose the limitations would be much higher because of the additional amount of RAM these devices are provisioned, but I would appreciate any official document stating this.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Antonio Macia
Level 3
Level 3

Managed to get the info from Cisco. For those interested here are the figures per family:

Firepower 4110

3M

Firepower 4120

3M

Firepower 4140

3M

Firepower 4150

4M

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Antonio Macia
Level 3
Level 3

Managed to get the info from Cisco. For those interested here are the figures per family:

Firepower 4110

3M

Firepower 4120

3M

Firepower 4140

3M

Firepower 4150

4M

Could you share the cisco documentation reference regarding this limit?

3M is ACL or ACE?

Hello

Would it be possible for you to update this post with the max ACE for the newer platforms FP411x and FP93xx ?

Hopefully I can help you. Above published limits are not correct. E.g. we run multiple context mode ASA on Firepower 4145 with 16M ACL elements total ("show access-list | i element"). Also, max number of elements doesn't depend on the memory volume. It actually depends on the size of the array which holds MP-counters, which is explained here:

CSCwf72434 Add meaningful logs when the maximums system limit rules are hit

This means that you can have plenty of free memory available, but hit the ACL limit and console error: "ERROR: Insufficient memory to install the rules". Max size of the array per platform is not known. On 4145 we hit the limit when the number of ACL elements exceeded 16,5M.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card