cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Threat Defence 6.2.3 can't surf any website when enable identity policy.

kashifglobal12
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am using FTD 6.2.3 and managing it through firepower defense manager. The problem i am getting is that when i enable identity policy users are getting "your connection is not private" on the web browser but as i disable identity policy users are surfing the internet without getting any security error. 

Please help!!!!!!!

6 Replies 6

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check you may be enabled the SSL Policy..???

Yes SSL policy is enabled, without enabling it I can't enable identity
policy.

What you are trying to do, Are you trying to do passive authentication or do you need SSL decryption.

HTH
Abheesh

For creating user based policy for filtering no need of SSL policy. Add the AD to FMC and create identity policy with passive authentication for user based filtering.

HTH
Abheesh

But in firepower threat defense if we want to enable identity policy ssl
policy automatically enables.

With FMC you can create separate policies. I don't think so there is a limitation in FDM. Below link will help you to configure identity policy with FDM.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-623/fptd-fdm-identity.html

HTH
Abheesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: