Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Threat Defense not booting on ESXI

btjtaylor1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I have deployed the Firepower Threat Defense NGFW 6.22 virtual machine to my VMware ESXI 6.0 infrastructure but it's not allowing me to complete the install

The VM boots up then asked me to log in, I log in with the default credentials then it hangs on a screen saying "System initialization in progress. Please stand by" with a spinning cursor but wont let me continue any further

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Ben

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you double check the VM properties (especially including the network adapter type) and resources against the installation guide?

I checked all the VM properties (only change was to add a serial port, turn on promiscuous mode on the virtual network) and it still didnt boot up correctly.

I reinstalled the VM on an Intel-based VMware host and it worked first time ... not sure why it doesnt work on AMD as there is nothing in the requirements saying that it wouldnt work ... but potentially theres some compatibility issue here

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on your hardware resource, for the first time it take longer time to setup.

Wait for 30-60min and post the screen shot.

As suggested please follow below guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/vmware/ftdv/ftdv-vmware-qsg.html

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: