Views
Helpful
Replies

Firesight rule update

filterfilter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question regarding rules update, from what i read in the manual, rule update will provide new/modified some base rules and settings.

is it possible to revert back to old rule update in case the new update have some impact to current network/app? or is there a way to track the changes they made on the base rules

Thanks

FF

6 Replies 6

Dinesh Verma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm not sure if rollback to older rule update is possible but sure you can see what are the modified rules & new rules added in new-released-rule-update.

Go to Cisco website where rule updates are present & hove mouse over particular rule update. it pops up a little window which has hyperlink for Modified Rules & New Rules.

For eg, go to this URL -> All release -> Rule update & hove mouse over a rule update.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286259687&softwareid=286271056&release=SEU&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Take a look to the snapshot attached for clarification. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dinesh Verma

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks , this definitely a help 

Sunil Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can track the rule update from the IPS policy which new/modified rules have been merged into the IPS policy and what is current status (Generate Events/ Drop & Generate Events/ Disable) of those rule. 

If New/Modified Rule are creating any issue in your network then you can disable those rule from here. Please have a look on image to get more info - 

Regards, 

Sunil Kumar

Rate if this helps !!

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your input,  do you know if there is a way to export this rule update to csv?  

the only options i saw is to genereate a report (PDF) for the whole intrusion policy.

please confirm if it help u reverting back to previous build of rules pack?

jeruizru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know in what format I need to upload new rules?

Kind Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card