cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FMC 6.3.0-83 -- System processes are starting , please wait.

mrnguyeen
Level 1
Level 1

I have very little knowledge on FMC.

I did a clean install FMC 6.3.0-83 on Firesight 750 without any errors;

When access the GUI of Cisco Firepower System, it keeps display message below and won’t go further.  Any ideas how to resolve this issue?  Thanks.

System processes are starting , please wait.

13 Replies 13

it does take some time to come up. how long you been waiting with this.

please do not forget to rate.

@Sheraz.Salim: Thanks for responding to my question.  It has been 12+ hours; Is it downloading something from the FireSight device to my laptop? or is it downloading something on the net to the FireSight device?  Any files/logs to investigate the current activities?  What is the average wait time for it to establish connection via GUI.  Thanks.

is this a production network or lab environment. what is the server spec?

This is lab environment. FireSight 750 - 8GB RAM - 1TB storage.

How many processes?

To run this beast it need more power in term of cpu, ram and storage.

Hi,

You cannot freshly install Version 6.3+ on a physical Firepower appliance that is currently running Version 5.x. This occurs because the old system restore process is incompatible with newer installation packages.

Affected appliances are:

• DC750, DC1500, DC3500

• DC2000, DC4000

• 7000/8000 series devices, including AMP models

In this case, the quickest path to Version 6.3+ is

Freshly install Version 6.2.3 and then upgrade to 6.3.0

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/relnotes/firepower-release-notes-630/fresh_install.html#id_83488

Thanks,
Abheesh
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

@Abheesh
If this is a lab environment with no dedicated resource this won’t work even what ever latest version you install.
The best would be to follow the basis spec requirements from the release notes

@Sheraz.Salim Minimum RAM requirement of FMC 750 for v6.0+ is 8gb. As per  @mrnguyeen above post he is already having 8Gb of ram. Below is the FN details for your info.

FN - 64077

Thanks,
Abheesh
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks for the information

Hello,

has this issue been resolved? I also have a customer with an FMC750 who cannot upgrade to 6.3 from 6.2.3 (several tries failed). However, they don't seem to reach even the WebGui, initialization fails with:

Configuring IPv6 address the lo interface...                          [FAILED]

Disable IPv6 default route                                            [FAILED]

Starting ntp server                                                   [FAILED]

Executing S12install_infodb                                           [FAILED]

I wonder if there are is a compatibility issue between 6.3 and FMC 750 - though the Release Notes don't say so.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi @mrnguyeen ,

How did you resolve this? I am facing the same issues.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

Have you checked the memory of the FS 750 appliance as recommended earlier?

Details here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/640/fn64077.html

The customer had no time / not enough interest to dig deeper into this issue, so they stayed at 6.2.3. Admittedly they use the FMC only in a neglectful manner.

I suggested to open a TAC case, maybe even make an RMA as I could/would not totally exclude a HW issue. However, it seems the device is not under services what supports my previous sentence.

Memory size was checked, they have 8G and the device also ran fine under 6.2.3 (which also requires 8G).
I heard/sensed some inofficial rumors out of Cisco SE's there might be an intermittent issue with 6.3 and the 750, but as I had no contract to insist on.. I got no definitive answer...
So.. no,sorry, I could not resolve the issue, I'd recommend to complain at TAC and let them solve the issue or replace the device.

Michael.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card